Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Today, I have many blessings and yet, I find myself very sad about losing my pastor back home last week and about my many friends that are ill and need God's healing, either in this life or the next. It almost makes me feel guilty about the MANY blessings God has in His great mercy given me and my husband.

Larry and I have been very busy, as usual, the past few months. Larry has been off counseling our soldiers and their families. His first stint was in Kentucky last Nov, Dec, and Jan/09 at Fort Campbell. His last one was at Fort Eglin, AFB in Florida. from Feb 13th until last night. He came home last night after flying through and/or over thunderstorms, tornadoes, blizzards, high winds, etc. There is a God! He made it home safely, along with his acute Bronchitis!

This AM, we went to church. I served the Blood of Christ and our Bishop Thomas was there visiting from Phoenix. He gave a marvelous homily, but then, he always does. I am so very grateful to be part of my Catholic Community here in Prescott Valley and proud to be on their church council and a Eucharistic Minister for them. We are presently planning a big dinner celebration for our church's 25th anniversary. Fr. Dan has asked me to be in charge of it and, of course, I accepted the responsibility! Something more to do in my spare time, ha,ha.

As far as my CASA kids go, two more of them are being adopted in April and I will be down to just one teen girl. However, even when they are adopted, I still consider them all my babies and they say I am like family to them. It sure is great. It helps to make up for my sadness of being so far away from all my babies and grand babies and great-grand babies back in my other home in Illinois. I really love it here in Arizona's high desert. In two weeks, my brother (Dan) and sister-in-law (Miko) are coming to visit for the first time. It will be so good to be with family, again. And too, I am going to Illinois at the end of April to celebrate my daughter's graduation from college for her Master's Degree in Sociology and my grandson's 15th? (how can he be that old?) birthday, my granddaughter's and her husband's new home closing and their announcement about if they are having a girl or a boy in August, along with my daughter's swearing in for the Harlem School Board, if she wins the election. And, of course, I have no doubt that she will, So, it will be a very eventful 2 1/2 weeks. Larry cannot come, as I said earlier, he will be in Kentucky.

This Wednesday, Larry and I have been invited to our retired priest's house warming. Where is his new house at, you might ask? Well. it is just about 2 blocks from my sister's house. who passed away about 18 months ago. Wow! Has it been that long already? Well, anyway, I hope I am ready to return to that area and will not be overcome with sadness when I am going there to celebrate a happy occasion.

While Larry was gone, I had the house painted outside. What a project that was. However, it was all worth it just to see the surprised look on his face when I brought him home last nite. I, also, bought and set up a twenty-six gallon aquarium during his absence and, oh yes, got bitten by a dog in the mouth a couple weeks ago, which is now infected. So, it has been a very eventful past few months.

My health and Larry's health is kind of up in the air at this point. I think tomorrow, I will make us both an appointment with the Cardiologist to get checked out. Especially after just losing my pastor back home to a massive heart attack at the age of 50 or 52. I believe. One just can't be too careful at our ages.

On a lighter note, spring is springing here in the high desert and has been for the past month or so. The Red buds and Flowering Pears are about through blooming and the Lilacs and Daffodils are coming out. I will probably plant our flower pots this next week and maybe work painting some more woodwork inside the house and our bedroom. Oh yes, and don't forget, get the taxes done for the second time. Since Larry's broker couldn't seem to get everything to us in a timely manner, we get to redo our personal taxes, ugh!

Next thing I know, Larry will be off, again, counseling our soldier's children this time and I will be off to Illinois for a long visit. Haleleulia (Spelling ?)

'Til next time, luv to all my babies big and small.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Yea!!! for posting! Nice to hear from you :)