Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is It Over or Just Beginning?

Here it is Thursday already..the pageant was five days ago...guess I am just beginning to get my feet back on the ground!

Well, I did not win or even place in the top five this time...This time, you say? Well, maybe I 'll try again next year..most the preparation is already done..should be a piece of cake next time! We'll see. Sure made a bunch of new friends..hope they all stay in touch..we went through a lot together.

It really seems nice having time to do the dishes and the laundry and maybe even vacume the floors tomorrow..what a treat!

Then, of course, I have my three CASA kids that I have almost totally ignored the past month and even longer because of the pageant demands and my illnesses. Looking forward to socializing with them and fighting the system for them again.

This Saturday, Larry and I will take Leo's dresser to him as he is being moved on the 12th and next Wednesday, the 14th, I will take him to Flagstaff where he will catch the train to Illinois the next day at about 6AM, I guess. Another chapter of my life closed..can't think too much about it as it is still very hard for me to accept the fact that my dear sister (and almost mom) is no longer on Earth. I miss her so very, very much! I understand that this Autumn Debbie will have a memorial service for her, which will help with some closure..it did with my sister Laurie, anyway.

I must now concentrate on getting stronger as my nurse a Cardio-Rehab is quite concerned about the down turn in my Cardio results. She feels I totally wore myself out the last couple weeks with little sleep, the stress of the pageant, all the activities, the dancing and to top it all off, being quite ill with a really bad cold. She made me promise to rest 'til next Tuesday and eat lots of veggies and fruits to help regain my strength and if I don't show improvement by Tuesday, she will report it to my doc...whoa!! sounds pretty authoritarian to me. In a couple weeks, I intend to get a second opinion, anyway.

Til next time..love to all my babies big and small..yo mama and grammie

No comments: