Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ready, Set......Go!!!

Woke up Tuesday AM with a horribly burning throat and sinuses...just what I need with a million things yet to do for the pageant! Got out the echinasia, and cold eeeze. Troat continued to burn..could not swallow...went to the store and bought two bags of potato chips. Started eating them on the way home and WALLA!!! Within about five minutes, throat was better...so every 3 or 4 hours since, I eat more chips. Feel much better today...just wish my nose would quit filling up. That'll be cute tomorrow if I have to keep wiping and/or blowing my nose during my interview with the judges (did I mention, also, wiping the make-up off my face at the same time..:(......?

Dress has been redesigned, revamped and added to, toe nails are polished, finger nails are glued on (Still have to file and polish them) and I am having quite a time here trying to type with them! I wnet spray tanning for the second time in 8 days..pretty tan right now. Two interviews today with the Prescott and Prescott Valley news papers. Seems like they are interested after all...the Prescott Paper said they were going to write a story about me, instead of just publishing the press release from the pageant people! Sure hope I at least end up in the top five, so I don't embarrass my city! They are coming to our performance on Monday to take more pictures and get the results of the pageant.

Just need to finish packing and go over my lists of lists so as not to forget anything!

Debbie called today from Pekin to ask me if I could take Leo to the motel in Flagstaff on the 14th. Guess he is going home to Illinois on Amtrack and needs to spend the night there 'cause the only train going his way leaves at 4 or 5:30AM. Said I would be happy to do that. The movers are coming on the 12th..they will be towing his car. I don't know how he will sleep there the next two nights with no furnitue. Larry and I are thinking of asking him to stay here 'til the 14th...we'll see. She has rented an apartment for him 2 minuts away from her with the mall and a city park a block away, so he won't have to drive much. He had a crashed fender last time I saw his car and Deb said he ran into Kim's car coming out of his garage a couple weeks ago. Too bad..wonder how Kim felt about that?

A bit chillier here today about 67 degrees..a bit windy, but the air smells very fresh..just like up at the lakes in Wisconsin.

Signing off now...my next blog will probably be Sunday night or Monday..

Love to all my babies, big and small..yo mama and grammie

1 comment:

Jacque said...

So excited for you mama! Can't wait to hear the results!