Friday, October 31, 2008

What Next?

Got home from my Illinois trip on Wednesday.....landed in Phoenix on Monday...went to girlfriend's house in Scottsdale by cab...went the next day to Arizona Heart Institute for a 64 slice CT with contrast at *AM (Tuesday) only to be told I couldn't have the test because my heart was beating too fast. At my 11:45AM appt with the doc, I was told that he didn't like unanswered questions and that I had to have another Angiogram ASAP (I had two of those already in January of this year.)

He told me to have a seat in the waiting room and the nurse would schedule it for me. After an hour, I checked to see if they forgot about me and was advised that, NO, the doctor had ordered an Echo Cardiogram of my Carotid Arteries in my neck and that I would be next. Well, the results were not positive, of course. While taking the test, I noticed that up by my jaw(on the screen) it looked like fireworks going off. I asked the technician what that was about and was told that the red, white, and blue fireworks display I was seeing on the screen was my blood trying to get through my clogged artery! Then he checked the other side and I saw the same thing. Maybe that explains all the jaw pain I have been having for years.

So, the doc had left for surgery and hadn't seen the results by the time the nurse came to me to discuss my pending angiogram. She said she would call me on Wednesday after he sees them to discuss the prognosis. Well, it is 3 days later and I am still waiting with jaw pain.

Anyway, my angiogram is set for 11/12 at 12PM and the blocked Carotids resolve is still pending.

Now, not to mention almost having pneumonia, which I apparently brought home from Illinois with me....haven't slept over a couple hours each night because of coughing....like the title says, "What Next?"

Tomorrow, Larry and I will celebrate his upcoming 60Th birthday with friends at dinner and then we have season tickets for the theater. Hope I feel strong enough not to be a drag on the party!

Larry will be leaving the end of November for Kentucky where he will counsel our troops who are reading themselves to be shipped to Iraq. He will be gone for six weeks! I wonder how that will feel? I hope to get much done in his absence. However, spending Christmas and New Years alone doesn't sound like the best way to celebrate the holidays.

Enough for now...must try to get some rest for this weary body...:(

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Well that is just crazy news...keep me posted...sounds like they shouldn't wait around too long to check on that...I'd keep nagging them. What did they say about your pneumonia?

Krishana said...

Aw, Grammie. That's awful. You should get some Z-pack and albuterol to clear up that pneumonia/bronchitis.... :)

And keep me posted on the heart/arteries/veins/etc...

We LOVE you!