Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update

Well, much has happened since my last post, so where to start?

Larry has received his Military Task Orders for his first assignment. He is leaving for Fort Campbell on the 28Th for 47 days. That's right, the day after Thanksgiving! Originally, he was supposed to leave the day before, then they changed it to the day after. That will be the last time I see him until the middle of January. So, no Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, and New Years holidays together. It will be different having absolutely no one to share them with :{ Then, he will leave shortly after his return home for Fort Dill. I think that is by Fort Meyers in Florida for at least 60 or 90 days. This is something he has always wanted to do and he began applying for the opportunity last June, I believe. His contract is quite an accomplish..and a lot of red tape had to be dealt with. Now that the time is nearing, I am beginning to feel that it will be quite an adjustment.

I have been busy helping him with his training, finances during his absence, packing, travel arrangements, etc. He will fly from Prescott airport to Los Angeles and then to Nashville, which is about 40 miles from Fort Campbell. I understand that during his stay there, two army units will be coming home and one is being sent to Afghanistan, so he and the other counselors will be very busy, we are told.

During his absence, I have two doctor appointments at the Ariz Heart Inst on 12/4 to discuss my future. Between now and then, my Ventrical Physician is going to figure out how to fix my 2 Carotid Arteries. The right one can maybe be stented according to the my cardiologist that did my Angiogram days ago , but I heard him say to his assistant that he was really worried about the left one, which might mean they either have to open it up and clean it out or do a bypass. Whatever it takes, pain, time flat on my back, no dancing for a couple more months (he stopped it last month after seeing my ultra sound and told me to rest, do nothing that might jar the blockages loose, etc) and being laid up over the holidays. it will be worth it as living like this is certainly not me! There is so much to do and so much dancing to be done before I leave this Earth! Also on the 4Th, my Cardiologist is supposed to have figured out why my stent in my heart plugged up 80% in 9 months and what he is going to do to prevent that from happening again. So, it looks like the month of December, again this year, will be spent trying to become a whole person, again, as it was spent last year. My, my..a year of tests, procedures and Doctor appointments and the problems still aren't fixed!

On a happier note, last Saturday was National adoption day. I had one of my CASA kids get adopted. The newspaper wrote a front page story about it. If you are interested, click on this link.. http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=61378 It is always great to have a happy ending for more kids or shoud I say a happy beginning and future?

I now only have two CASA kids left...one ages out the day after Christmas and then I will be down to my CASA baby of 16 mo old. Hopefully, I will , also, have a happy story to tell about her soon. Then I think I will take a few months of from being a CASA 'til I get all fixed up heart wise and I get the things done around here that have been pending for years....and believe me, that is quite a platter full!

Well, must run to the store now to get a turkey to cook this week for Larry. We are invited to his son's on Thanksgiving and every time I go to someone else's house for the holiday, I really miss my cooking! So, we will have two Thanksgivings!

If I don't blog for a while, God be with you all, now and during the holiday seasons.

Love to all my babies, big, and small, and tiny. Love yo mama, sister, grammie and great grammie nana and auntie and great auntie and special friend.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

You sure didn't hurt my feelings! I was just teasing...actually it made for good blog material. To get a cute blog background like mine, go to cutestblogontheblock.com click on backgrounds, choose your background, click on it and it will give you step by step instructions on how to install it. To make sure you really like it click preview blog before you click save. The crazy thing is mine still loads the blue background first and I haven't figured out why. I'll have to have Tim help me when he's down for Thanksgiving...crazy!