Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring Has Sprung In Prescott Valley, AZ !

That's right, it might hit 60 degrees today..already in the high 50's and this AM I noticed new leaf buds on the rose bushes..Heaven! The temps are unbelievable in the Midwest, when I read about them each day in the newspapers. It won't be long now and we will be working in the yard..I don't know if I am looking forward to the work, but I am certainly tired of looking at the dead flowers in my planters outside!

Health update....just got the report from my doc yesterday, (Cut and paste is sooo wonderful, isn't it? The test results came back great....... NO DEAD MUSCLE TISSUE!!!!!! HOO RAY!!! Now, they just have to tweek my medicine (I stopped taking the beta-blocker four days ago, because once again, I am allergic to it.) Then I researched the availabilty of the old Mexiletine medicine I was on in 1999..had Walgreens order some and they have it today. Now, just waiting for my doc to call them to release it. (This med is to regulate the heart beat and stop the arrythmia) Then, they said my heart will become stronger through Cardio Rehab Therapy. The nurse practitioner stressed no exercise 'til I get on my new meds...so no dancing 'til then..drats, I am supposed to perform two shows next weekend. Oh well..I have just been praying to my Lord to "Please, let me live until I die." Thank you God.

Since this last report, I talked to my cocky doc late yesterday. He advised me that he wasn't there to be pushed around into administering meds to his patients that he felt weren't needed. So, he is ordering a Holter Monitor on Monday or Tuesday for me to wear for two weeks to prove I am still having palpitations, before giving me anything for them. Maybe I need to start listening to the people who have been encouraging me to get a second opinion and/or at least to get a doc that has more respect for his patient's opinions. Oh well, so we'll play his game a bit longer. In the meantime, it will be good to have no blod clots a s a results of the arrythmia I am experiencing! So, that is the news. Nice to have uncertain good news for a change, EH? It is wonderful to be able to breath again as a result of stopping the beta-blocker my doc insisted I take, even after I informed him of my allergy history of them! Who knows, maybe everything is OK now and I won't need more meds. We'll have to wait and see. He says my heart appears to be stronger now, but doesn't know how long it will last. The present change could just be from an adrenalin rush I may be getting because of quitting the beta-blockers, he is thinking. So, Monday I intend to resume my dance practices and we will see what happens.

Today, Larry and Swif-Her and I are going to Phoenix (or really Buckeye, which is south of there) to Larry's daughter's (Joy's) house for game night with her brother's family and Joy's friends. We will spend the night. It might be nice to get of the house for a change. Then tomorrow afternoon, we hope to go to Uncle Leo's house to help Debbie, who is coming from Illinois tonight to pack up what Leo wants and get what's left ready for the estate sale. He is moving back to Illinois and I understand the house goes up for sale March 1st or around there, anyway. It will be good for him to be around his friend, Bob.

Must run for now...luv to all my babies, big and small, Grammie and yo mama....;)

No comments: