Wednesday, February 20, 2008

UPDATE

Boy, what a BAD BLOGGER I am! Sorry for the delay..life has been up and down the past couple weeks. I will try to fill in the blanks.

Doc is still trying to figure out why my heart is only pumping less than 25% when not at rest. Nuclear Stess Test results came back..no dead heart muscle..YEY! Got a copy of my medical records which read that he suspects intermediate to high probability of right coronary in-stent restinsis. (I think that means the stent they punt in has clogged up, which might explains why I feel worse now than before they put the stent in!) When I went on line to learn more about it, the first thing that came up was a lawsuit against the two companies that make the drug emitting stents because about 30%?, I think, of the people that get them are having trouble with them. Yup..that's what I needed to know right now, right? Anyway, I wore a Holter Monitor for 24 hours which ended yesterday afternoon. The nurse said they would call me by the end of the week with the results. Oh, did I mention that my doc is in Australia for five weeks and when I asked who was relieving him, the answer from the nurse was, "Well, I am here!" When I asked, again, the relieving doc's name, I got no answer. So, I guess my health concerns are on hold for the next five weeks.

According to my records, I have been diagnosed with severe cardiomyopathy with an ejection fraction of less than 25%, among other things.

I have made up my mind that I am not going to sit around waiting to get better, so last Saturday night, I performed with my dance group at our prestigious theater in town celebrating its 103rd birthday. Got home about 11:30PM, worn out I might add. Then church on Sunday...great to see everyone again and to take communion. Yesterday, I did my homebound communion for a shut in from church that has ..Parkinson's disease and he cannot walk now. I feel lucky after visiting him.

I have still been cooking good dinners for Larry and keeping up my household chores pretty much, along with the laundry.

I am behind on much of my CASA paperwork, which I plan to work on today as I am on call for the Foster Care Removal Review Board and need to be around the house today to answer the phone should Child Protective Services call me to do a case review.

After my paper work completion goal occurs, comes getting our corporation and personal tax figures together...then I will start painting the house again..hoping to complete what I started two years ago. It would be nice, at least, to have all the woodwork in Larry's Therapy Area the same color!...:( And if I run out of stuff to do, I can always attack our office area that is two feet deep in papers....yuk!

So, that's life at the Provence's at this moment...it seems like there is something missing about it....I think it is what some people refer to as FUN? 'Gonna have to work on getting some of that into our lives as well, I guess. Where does one find time to fit that kind of stuff into their lives? Have to think about that!

Think I'll make Larry some chocolate oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and raisins in them today..He is gone up North for the day in Selegman counciling the school kids..some of these days are very draining for him and I bet oatmeal cookies, upon his return home, will put a BIG smile on his face!

Luv to ALL my Babies...big and small. yo mama and grammie

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Glad to see you up and about on line again! :)