Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bad Blogger

Yesterday, I got a call from my daughter asking if all was OK, because I hadn't blogged for five days!!!! Well, I explained that no news meant no changes, but that was not acceptable for her as, I guess, she would like boring blog updates each day just to confirm there were no changes and the boring life is continuing. Maybe boring is not the right word and I should say routine, instead.

So, here I go with my, now, weekly update.

What I can remember is that I didn't go to church on Sunday (and I was supposed to help serve communion that day) because I had the flu ( I guess. Larry thinks it may have been a reaction to some of my drugs...who knows?).

I did not go to dance practice Monday A.M. because I was so sleepy and drugged up from my new heart meds. I did, however, attend two Child-Family-Team meetings later that day for two of my CASA..foster kids. At the first meeting at 10AM, I experienced quite strong chest pains, as I was feeling I was alone in being the heavy at that meeting when asking my teen child to be responsible for her actions, while I felt the other team members were enabling her to be irresponsible. When expressing my thoughts after the meeting to the facilitator, she advised she felt my actions were necessary and someone had to do it and, because of politics in the system, other members were probably uncomfortable doing it. Oh the joys of being a volunteer and having to answer to no one but the Judge. No wonder he says he really puts a lot of stock in our reports and reads them thoroughly, because we (as volunteers) have no agendas. However, she did add that she felt it wasn't worth me having a heart attack over. But, those who know me know I have to say what I feel is right.

Tuesday, my friend and, also, dance director, Shirley, and I went to Phoenix. In the morning we went to my dentist for a denture adjustment and at 12:30PM we went to the Arizona Heart Institute, so she could get checked out. We were there 'til 4:45PM. It was a great experience for both her and me. I know, I will feel more comfotable now, if I need to go there for a second opinion, which may very well be the case in the near future. I, also, found out that they have locations here in Prescott and Prescott Valley, so that might be an option, too. My paramedic neice in Peoria IL, Debbie, says they are the best in the nation! So, we'll see. Anyway, then we spent the night at Shirley's condo in Scottsdale (or sometimes better known as Snotsdale, because of all the wealthy folks that live there). Her husband, Shirley and I went to an Italian restaurant for dinner that served excellent food. First time I ever heard of a Spaghetti Calzone. It is their signature dish and delicious! The next day, Wednesday, we went to some consignment shops searching for a dress for me for the pageant, as I was still unhappy with the two possibilities I already posess that I have been considering. No luck..I did, however, see a cute jacket (just a black knit blazer type jacket)there for $245 - used!!! Can you imagine? Most the clothes there are from Europe. When Shirley asked me the size of a garment and I said , "It's size 26," she responded, "What kind of a size is that?" She is so cute, a millionaire over and over, again, and buys her clothes at the Goodwill and other inexpensive resale shops! That is what makes her such a great person to be around. It is so wonderful having a really good best girlfiend, again. It's been a long time.

The strangest part of all our searching is that we didn't find a thing in Phoenix that impressed us, but when we were driving back home we stopped at a thrift store in P.V. and found a darling dress for $10 that looked like a cinderella dress. Jacque, you would have loved the color..pale salmon! But, I said I would go home and check my two possibilities before making a decision, which I did. And, lo and behold, while trying on one of the possibilities, I got a great idea how to enhance it, and now I am set. I have my gown for the pageant...yey! Now, all I have to do is learn my routine by the end of March...sure hope I get more wind and quit feeling so sleepy!

Last thought, for now, is that I start Cardio Therapy on 3/12. The nurse said it will make a big difference..I hope so, 'cause I am concerned about all the Angina I am still experiencing.

What's up for today? Getting #'s together for our Corporate and Personal income taxes! Yuk..Corps have to be turned in by the 15th of March..drats.

OK..I did it, Jacque. Gotta love that girl...don't know why I was blessed with such a "Joy" in my life...yo mama and grammie

1 comment:

Jacque said...

OK, do I need to call again? Or could you possibly post something on here :)