Sunday, January 13, 2008

The checks are in the mail!

Hallelujah! Again, kids, so sorry the cards are a couple weeks late, but maybe they will be more appreciated at this time, ha,ha! They went out Saturday AM and, Cassie, yours were mailed to your mom's house as I do not have your new address....Enjoy ;-)

Yesterday, Larry and I were blessed with another miracle..Jeremy, his son, called and asked if they could come for a brief visit about noon. Well, everyone that knows me would say it'll never be OK at such a short notice! Well, you are all wrong. I figured I was willing to deal with anything to accomplish this huge hurdle. To make a long story short, Jeremy, Melissa and our most beautiful baby grandson, Jonathan came and stayed for 2 1/2 hours and a great bonding time was had by all.

A few hours later, one of my foster families called to say they would be dropping by in a few minutes to say hi. When they came, they gave me a beautiful daffodil plant. It is sooo nice to feel loved. My rewards from my volunteer work are so much greater than what I give. God is good.

This AM, Larry and I returned to church after missing last week and I helped serve communion, after which we drove into Prescott and met Shirley for lunch. I made a tape of my dance choreography done by another gal for her to preview. She called me at 7PM to say she'd been working on it for hours and has 1/2 of it ready to go! YEA! Please, God give me the strength to practice tomorrow at 7:15AM! I am so blessed with a friend like Shirley.

So, that's it for the weekend...besides the big milestone of Larry teaching me how to work our DVD player and how to record our TVO programs on a DVD. Welcome to the world of high tech!

Luv to all my babies, big and small...mom/grammie

4 comments:

Stephanie Joy said...

k well my mamcita wanted me to tell you 80...im not sure exactly what it is for I think it is for my ticket....Thanks by the way!

I really can't wait!

also check my blog for more posts!

and tickets go on sale this sat. WOO!

Jacque said...

Kristina got her bday money today :) thanks

Krishana said...

Thank you sooooo much for the Christmas gift! We are going to start some sort of investment that is like savings with high yield but has flexibility for Aubrey. She is well on her way! Thank you so much again!

Gabe's Mom said...

Thanks so much for The Christmas gifts. Sometimes you may give too much!!!! :) Gabe and I really enjoyed it and I'm sure we will be planning to go out and do something new with it. Skating, or something like that now that he is all grown up! Kisses!