Sunday, January 6, 2008

We Are Back Among the Living!!!

That's right..

Larry and I walked in our front door about 5:30PM last night and I thought I had gone to heaven...(even though our household had the appearence of being stirred with a spoon!)

Oh my goodness..the first thing we did was order a pizza from Pizza Hut and take a couple swallows of real coffee! Then got into our jammies and I quickly fell asleep in the chair 'til about 10:30PM, at which time I went to bed to sleep soundly until 8:15AM!!!! WOW! I haven't slept like that since I can remember!

Now, it is 11:22AM and Larry and I decided not to do church ;-{ this AM ...being, as I felt like I had been run over by a Sherman Tank when I awakened. Cooked breakfast...ham(with all fat removed) and eggs fried in Benecol and wholegrain & flaxseed toast with Benecol. Tasted like filet mignon!

Prognosis for all who care..(help me not to become an Aunt Ruth(God Bless her) in this respect;-

(I just returned from a four day stay at the hospital where a stent was injected into my right arterial vessel that is responsible for allowing blood to enter my heart; this inlet was blocked with hardened fiber more than 70% is all they would tell us and had been for a very long time, which weakened the left muscle (now diagnosed as Cardiomyopathy)of my heart (that was trying desperately to supply my body with needed blood that wasn't there to pump, for who knows how long), which in turn is interfering with the electronics and the my heart's ability to maintain a steady beat, due to the flittering of the weak muscle. Now that blood is entering my heart(full speed ahead, I expect!), all the docs have left to do is strengthen the left heart muscle through drugs (which, hopefully, I will not be allergic to as I have been in the past and , so far, so good.) We are very blessed and God is working! The docs think this blockage maybe even genetic, as so many of our relatives have had heart problems. The doc that installed the stent had nothing but praise for my cardiologist who took the time to take many pics from many angles of my heart and uncovered a very hard to detect problem. (Funny, I was just reading an article a short time ago that addressed how a seemingly perfect angiogram (as mine was in 1999) can really have unseen blockage if the pics are not taken from the correct angles. So, again, I feel very blessed and know that God was and is working for perfection in all our lives. It was and is a very humbling experience. One that really spells out what is important in one's life and makes me very appreciative of my many, many blessings. I will try to keep everyone posted as to the satus of all this without going overboard and becoming a hypochondriac. Who would ever have thought? Infallable me!!!

Now, after a quick shower and very needed shampoo, off we are going to get Swif'-her, who Larry took to the sitter two days ago, where she can play with her friends, to help fend off her loneliness for me . YEY!!! ;-}

Next stop.......Ms. Sr. Arizona...1st routine discussion, taping, and possible, rehersal is tomorrow.

Much love and hugs and kisses to all my babies, big and small....mom and grammie

P.S......All this makes me question if Aunt Ruth's cardiomyopathy problem stemmed from the same source of a unnoticed plugged artery.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

YEAH!!!! So glad to see your blogging, and glad your home too! Thanks Larry for the phone calls and keeping us all posted! You're a gem! Thanks to the Dr.'s for fixin my mama :) I love you! (Mom I mean, not the Docs...ok, maybe them too!)